Wednesday, June 6, 2012

"No, boyyyyyyyyyy!" Flav's Fried Chicken: Gone but not Forgotten

Musician, reality TV star, restauranteur (?)
strategic location much?   You can also tell the building used to be a Long John Silver´s


It's been said it's better to burn out than to fade away.  I count myself among the fortunate few able to try FFC during its brief run last year (I think it stayed open a month or two).  Apparently Flav had long dreamed of opening a fast food chain, and the partners he found to make that a reality convinced him to build the first outpost in their hometown of Clinton, Iowa.  I've never really spent much time in Clinton so I will just say it's not the first place in Iowa you'd think of when launching a new restaurant chain and leave it at that.  A group of us piled in a van and made the 1:30 pilgrimage from Iowa City to FFC.  You could sense even then that all was not well: collard greens as a side- unavailable. Credit card machine- not working. There was a sign hung up behind the counter that was soaked in grease:



 The food was fine for fast food chicken.





some random dude blocking my shot of the graffiti on the walls:

No comments:

Post a Comment